HealthHIV & the DC Community Coalition for AIDS 2012
As the fiscal agent for the DC Community Coalition for the XIX International AIDS Conference (AIDS 2012) in Washington, DC, HealthHIV helps lead the organization selected by the International AIDS Society to serve as the liason with the mertopolitan Washington, DC community and ensure that the District of Columbia is not only an effective and powerful host to the AIDS 2012 Conference and its global, national and local stakeholder-attendees; but that the host community has the opportunity to effectivly utilize AIDS 2012 as an opportunity for increased accountability by all DC Metropolitan Area leaders.
About the DCCC
The DC Community Coalition (DCC) for AIDS 2012 is a broad cross-section of people living with and affected by HIV and AIDS throughout the Washington DC Metropolitan Area, working together to serve as the Local Host Committee for the XIX International AIDS Conference (AIDS 2012) to be held in Washington, DC, July 22-27, 2012. Members of the 2012 DC Community Coalition come from various sectors of the community and are focused on ensuring that the District of Columbia is an effective and powerful host to the AIDS 2012 Conference and its global, national, and local stakeholder-attendees. The DCC will utilize AIDS 2012 as an opportunity for increased accountability by all DC Metropolitan Area leaders.
Goals of the DCCC
- Make effective use of the opportunities presented by AIDS 2012 for the populations and neighborhoods impacted by HIV and AIDS;
- Support the 2012 International AIDS Conference in highlighting issues important to DC area residents and ensuring their access to the benefits of and participation in the conference;
- Build a clear and powerful message to highlight both the successes and the challenges faced by people living with HIV and AIDS in DC area.
Join the DCCC
- Click here to learn how you can engage in the DCCC's work.
- Join the DCCC community on Facebook and our Google Group listserv, and
- Support the DCC financially through our fiscal agent HealthHIV. (NOTE: Internet Explorer 9 is not compatible with the DCCC/HealthHIV PayPal account)
To learn more about the DCCC, click here