Employment & Internship Opportunities
HealthHIV welcomes job applicants who are dedicated to its mission, and interested in working dynamically with its hardworking team. Serious applicants are encouraged to review this website.
Qualified applicants interested in a particular opportunity may submit inquiries . Please e-mail a resume and cover letter to
HealthHIV is an equal opportunity employer.
HealthHIV's health policy legal interns are highly motivated second and third-year law students who are interested in health equity and health policy as related to HIV and hepatitis prevention, care, and treatment. Applicant should be enrolled in an ABA-accredited law school, and available to commit to at least 10 hours a week.
Health Policy Legal Internship
Roles and Responsibilities
Working with the Director of Prevention and Policy, the Health Policy Legal Intern will:
• Contribute to analysis of health care policy that impacts HIV and hepatitis prevention, care, treatment,
and health equity.
• Research areas of health law, and write policy guidance on a wide range of health issues.
• Monitor implementation of the Affordable Care Act, including the establishment of State Insurance
Exchanges, expansion of Medicaid, development of essential health benefits, and impact of cost
containment measures on people at risk for, or living with, HIV or hepatitis.
Minimum of 10 hours per week. Positions are filled on a rolling basis and are available - immediate, Spring, and Summer
The health policy internship is a paid position. Unpaid internships are also available to participants seeking to receive academic credit through their law school.
Necessary Skills and Abilities
The successful applicant must:
• Possess strong project management skills,
• Balance multiple responsibilities,
• Deliver quality customer service and work products,
• Work effectively as part of a team with a diverse staff,
• Possess a knowledge of HIV or hepatitis prevention, care, and treatment and/or health equity
• Possess excellent oral and written communication skills.
Submit curriculum vita/resume, brief cover letter defining your areas of interest, and a writing sample of a policy brief to .
HealthHIV offers multiple internship opportunities. While interns assist in all in all areas of the organization, he or she may apply to focus mainly in one specific department. HealthHIV interns primarily work in the following departments:
- Education & Training
- Research & Evaluation
to contact our internship coordinator, or call 202.232.6749 for more information about interning at HealthHIV.